Thursday, January 29, 2009

Brrrrr!

Yes, I grew up and Kansas (and still have my mad "driving in ice/snow" skills), but holy cow is it cold for the Texas Temperatures I've grown accustomed to! Yesterday was a record day (at least for the last 6 years) with over 300 area school districts closed because of the ice. I worked from home a bit in the morning and headed in around 1030 once a lot of the crazies got off the road, but Joey still had to be to work at 730. Luckily he left about a half hour earlier around 6 and made it just in time. Business seems to be back to normal today with just a few slick spots and a lone school closing in the outer area of DFW, but we're off to Georgia. I know all my Kansas friends and family will get a good chuckle, but these are just 2 pictures I took yesterday that led to the "Winter Blast" in our area.









Yes, those are teeny tiny icicles, but they're there and they cause chaos in Texas! If you think that's bad, one of my Austin area sales reps said that if he dropped an ice cube out the window, they'd shut down I-35 in their area. :)


Hope you're all keeping warm!