Monday, January 26, 2009

We have a match!

Mom went on the hunt for different fabric than the cream we had that previously was going to fill the "gap" between the yellow and striped fabric we had found for Baby Shoup's bedding. I found this green polka dotted fabric online and was hesitant at first, but mom found it in a store and it works beautifully (I think) so she's moving forward to finalize all the bedding. Now we still need to buy a mattress, finish cleaning out the nursery, and find a dresser/changing table. I believe we're also going to try to find a nice leather rocker/recliner as Joey would like it to be his chair after the need for it in the nursery is gone. :) Plus we still haven't been car-shopping and need to get busy with that as the weekends have started filling up quickly.




This weekend I had a baby shower to attend and while I went to that, Joey went to a "Beer & Diapers" party for the father-to-be. I think the boys had a little too much fun, but hopefully they get some of the craziness out of their system as their need for sleep and sobriety will be more abundant once the little bundles of joy arrive! At Dawn's shower I got to hold Riley (Viavattene) quite a bit while Amanda helped out with recording the gifts. He's such a cute and happy baby and is also a big flirt, which is no surprise given who his dad is. :)

We went to my friend Pam's birthday party once Joey got home (and took a nap) and it's amazing to see the difference in people baby belly's because there were 2 other women there who are only 1-3 weeks further along than me and I don't even think I look pregnant compared to them. I suppose that's to be expected since I'm still technically below my pre-pregnancy weight and with the weight gain last month that in time I'll actually "look pregnant" to strangers.

On Thursday we'll be headed to Georgia for the memorial for Joey's dad. I'm looking forward to seeing his mom and sister and meeting some family that I have yet to meet, but of course we know it will be an emotionally draining weekend. It's nice to know that several of Joey's friends will be making the trip to Rome as well. We're so blessed to have such amazing friends and family!

No comments: