Tuesday, January 20, 2009

All's well

Another routine checkup for me & Baby Shoup yesterday. I really think I spend more time in the waiting room than actually back getting the checkup, but considering I don't have any complications and rarely have more than a question or 2, that's OK. I did manage to gain a few pounds this month, but am still below my pre-pregnancy weight. Baby is measuring right on target size-wise so Dr Staub is pleased with how all is going.

I receive weekly online updates and this week, it tells me Baby Shoup is roughly the size of a bottle of root beer...It's rather amusing that all updates are usually in comparison to food items - from a sesame seed in the very beginning to all sorts of things in between - like avocados or baked potatoes (which after I read the update for that week had me craving baked potatoes oddly enough).

Joey & I continued a successful weekend of purging, but also had a few friends over just because on Saturday. We still haven't found a dresser/changing table, but continue to look and have decided we'll probably splurge on a leather rocker/recliner/glider for Baby's room (that Joey hopes to make his own after we don't need it as much any more in the nursery), but have yet to shop for that either. There is still plenty of time, but our time fills up rather quickly as his sister has finally set her wedding date for March 28 (Joey's birthday) and there are plenty of other fun things going on between now and June 1st.

No comments: