Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Words that start with the letter "C"

Oh, Cookie Cookie Cookie starts with C...but unfortunately, as great of a word as Cookie is, there are some other C words on my mind lately. First, obviously is Contractions. I believe I've had the first few indicating Baby Shoup might make an unforced appearance sometime in the next 3 weeks...not long or strong enough ones (or frequent enough - maybe 2 a day for the past 2 days?) to think it will be in the next few days, but you never know so stay tuned on that front. They have not been unbearable which makes me question if they are actually contractions or not, but I'm pretty sure from all my reading that they are and I'm just blessed with a higher pain tolerance than some so hopefully it just means labor, while challenging, will be doable and won't have me screaming at Joey (any more than usual at least).

The other C word that is definitely weighing heavy on my mind is the not-so-pleasant C word that too many people close to me have had to deal with lately...Cancer. :( Dad has been sick for a while with what I originally thought was just a prolonged cold...but after the doctors called it pneumonia about 2 weeks ago, last week it landed him in the hospital at which point during an MRI, they found some "spots" they have done biopsies on. While the unofficial results aren't back, the doctors have indicated that there is cancerous tissue. I'm not even sure which kind yet; the biopsy results will hopefully give a better indication, but there are 2 spots around Dad's shoulders and one near his lungs so while it seems the doctors are leaning towards lymphoma, there is the chance of lung cancer. I'm not sure if the worry in my head and heart is the reason for my insomnia (although it's probably also largely due to the holiday weekend and my erratic sleep/napping schedule), but alas, I'm once again awake in the 3am hour. Obviously the timing sucks with Baby Shoup due to arrive any day now (or as many as 20 days from now), but since the doctors are already starting to discuss another C word - Chemo - it seems they are very positive that whatever it is, can be overcome. I love where we live, but it's times like this that make being 500 miles away from family hardest.

That said, right now it seems that more prayers are in order as we journey once more into the uncertain future, but I'm keeping my head up and we will continue to push forward and keep everyone posted on progress in both areas.

...Til next time, keep Shuffling!

2 comments:

Leanne and Brian said...

Suzy and Joey...Keeping yall in our prayers! Can't wait to see little shoup, and to teach him/her about some lebanese cooking! Hang in there.

Unknown said...

My prayers are with you Suzy. I know this is a stressful yet exciting time for you. You know that we are here for you!