Friday, May 15, 2009

The final countdown

First, please feel free to sing Europe's version of the song all day long as I'm sure I will be now that it's stuck in my head with my blog title. :) Now...on to the subject...At the first appointment with my dr, he said that based on my June 1st due date, the absolute latest he'd allow Baby Shoup to be born is June 15th...and while he or she could feasibly arrive any time between now and then as I'm officially considered full term these days, today, being the 15th of May officially marks the point where in no more than a month (though hopefully is not too stubborn staying put til the very last day possible) we will be holding our little one. Monday at my 38 week apopintment is the first time I'll have an internal exam to see if there is any progress. Other than a random sporadic mild contraction or 2, I just have a feeling Baby will be staying put for a while, although there has been plenty of movement in there lately which makes me wonder if he or she is getting ready to "head out". We'll keep you posted if anything is happening, but for now we're going to continue to finish up things here and there and even take in a Rangers game tomorrow night.

...Til next time, Keep Shuffling!

2 comments:

Meggers1021 said...

Yay, I can't wait to see her/him!! The boys are all wrong too about your Juneteenth baby:) I hope our game doesn't get rained out, I told Bryan there may be some rain. If so we can do dinner or whatever you guys want. Luv ya!!

The Cookie Lady said...

Yep, got an earworm now. Thanks, Toots, but it's a good one I do believe. Wow, my baby is getting closer to have her first baby. (i will not cry, i will not get emotional.....aw heck with it...i'm gonna cry)