Saturday, October 17, 2009

Post #2 for the night

I figured I'd break the posts up a bit, even though I'm still posting them all tonight...

As I mentioned in the checkup post, he seems to be right where he needs to be developmentally so there are a few updates there.
*First, is rolling. He actually seems quite reluctant to do this, but he's rocking himself quite a bit and has flipped from front to back a couple times, but I have yet to witness back to front. Hopefully we'll have video to share of both soon.
*He's definitely quite expressive and I need to get some video uploaded of one of his talking spurts. Seems he does a lot of it right when he wakes up in the morning. It's such a great sound to wake up to. How lucky are we to wake up to a happy talking baby instead of a crying baby!
*Thumb-sucking - I wasn't sure why he's starting this, but it's becoming evident by the amount of time his fist spends in his mouth (when he's been fed and isn't hungry) and the "suspicious bumps" along his gums that we might be starting the teething process.
*That leads to food - His pediatrician is OK with starting between 4 and 6 months and while I certainly didn't want to force it, he hasn't been sleeping as long at night and does very often seem hungry so we've tried it a few times. He is certainly not that interseted in the food so again, we're not forcing it, but we'll continue to try it once in a while and definitely be ready to incorporate it moreso in a few months. Now we've got to get working on making baby food so we're ready when it's time to add the fun stuff to the single grain cereals. Here are a few shots of him giving good old rice cereal (which tastes to me like Rice Krispies...but with a bit of an aftertaste) a try:

"No, Mom, I'd rather eat my bib!"



"Maybe I'm starting to like it"


"Maybe not"



Jackson had his first school pictures and I thought I had dressed him colorfully enough, but with the background, I wish I'd gone with a red or something, however, we still couldn't resist buying his first school picture (so this is a picture of a picture - so the coloring is off a bit as well). What a happy boy!

You may notice that Jackson doesn't wear a lot of outfits more than once. In the beginning it was just because he was growing so fast, but now it's because we're so lucky to have received a bunch of hand-me-downs from our friends the Colvert's. HUGE Thank you to Jamie, Jeremy, Connor, and Camryn! Hopefully we can repay the favor in some way, some day! :)
...Til next time, Keep Shuffling!

No comments: