Thursday, October 8, 2009

Playing catch up

I always knew things would be different and busier once a little one came along, but coupled with changes at my work, it seems I can barely find time to keep up with blogging as much as I want. I have so many pictures and stories to share, but for now I'm just going to share a few since I need to head to bed. Tomorrow is my turn to host our Friday morning staff meeting at work so I'm in charge of breakfast and an activity (which thankfully I came up with last week) which means I need to get an earlier start than I have been...PLUS Granny Becky is heading down here in the morning so I want to make sure I leave myself time to run a few errands I keep running out of time for to make her quick weekend trip more enjoyable!

Below are a few pictures to tide you all over until I have time for a proper update to include:
*Jackson's 4 month appointment (I changed the stats on the side with his new weight/height, but haven't updated more than that)
*Jackson's recent (and upcoming) visit to my office
*food, rolling, talking, thumb-sucking
*upcoming travel plans
*new clothes
*Rolling and "Talking"
*school pictures
*Bryan & Meagan's wedding
*Upcoming ALS Walk

Further evidence Jackson is going to be so confused as to which team is his favorite. We had some friends over Labor Day weekend/Opening weekend of college football. "Aunt Sara" was sporting Georgia, "Uncle Ryan" stayed true to Texas, and I, of course, had Jackson ready for a Wildcat Victory!


Jackson sporting his "My Grandma Rides a Harley" gear. It's been hot so I didn't keep the hat on him, but I want to go out and buy him more hats now that I've seen how cute he looks and since he doesn't really seem to mind it!


Jackson & Daddy at Jackson's first high school football game! Vert's Sachse Mustangs even came back to win after we left (we were quite surprised but glad for him because they were not doing so well when we left in the 3rd quarter).


I call this, "Why we usually wear onesies". The shirt fits (or is at least just getting a little small) as evidenced by the first picture, but if he's wearing a shirt instead of a onesie, it tends to ride up a lot so for now I'm thinking we'll keep him in onesies until he fills out shirts a little more!



I wouldn't encourage baby smoking, but put a cigar in his hand, make the robe red, and we'd have our own little "Heff"!


Even when he's sleeping he's happy (I noticed that if I laugh after he's fallen asleep on me while I'm sitting on the couch watching TV, when I laugh, he smiles. I'm not sure if he feels me laughing and likes the vibrations or just knows mommy is happy and it makes him happy...or if he's just coincidentally having a happy dream).


...Til next time, Keep Shuffling!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Those pictures are so cute! Love the bath robe one. Cannot wait to get together soon.

Meggers1021 said...

I love the picture in the Grandma (Harley) gear, he looks so grown up!!

Mommy said...

He's adorable, Suzy! Just adorable. And I firmly believe he is smiling because YOU are happy! :) They read us like books, I swear...