Saturday, October 17, 2009

It's Saturday night

About once a month it seems I find myself staying up later than I probably should on a Saturday night for an update. Tonight is that night. Joey & I got up very early this morning to get the house and a big batch of chili ready for our guests. This year's party was relatively small in comparison to some years, but the weather was perfect, there was just enough chili for everyone, and aside from a few spats between Mackey's dog Traveler and the Kerns' dog Bailey, it was an all around great day, with both Texas and K-State wins! Now Joey is at a "Tacky golf" party for Meagan's birthday and I'm home with Jackson. Alas, the life of a parent does involve sacrifice so while I wish I was there helping celebrate, the fact that I'm finally going to be using an hour long Massage Envy gift card tomorrow will certainly help make up for it, If that's not enough, I always love a little quiet time to have control of the remote and do stuff around the house that I find myself not getting to when Joey is home. :)

So now a few quick updates and the best part - more pictures!

Jackson's 4 month appointment went very well! He gained almost 5 lbs and grew 3 inches since his 2 month appointment and based on the "Ages & Stages" Questionnaire, they had us complete beforehand, he's doing just fine in terms of motor skills, communication, etc. I should say that most of the appointment went well - he did have to have shots, but I just keep reminding myself of the ER/hospital stay back in July and a few quick shots is a piece of cake. Jackson might not agree because he was flirting with the nurse and then gave me a "What happened? I thought we were having a good time" look when she stuck the first shot in his leg and proceeded to do what most kiddos do - WAIL! No worries though - by the time we left the office, he had calmed back down. This is defintely pre-shots and pre-scream!

I had promised my coworkers that I would bring Jackson in after his appointment since it had been a while since everyone had seen him. He does not lack for attention, but those days are definitely a treat!

Amy is a natural!

Robin makes her family jealous because they all want to meet Jackson, but it just hasn't worked out quite yet! I love when it looks like he's having a conversation with people!

This shot really shows a lot about Shirley's personality - she is so content to just listen to Jackson and let him know that she believes every "word" he says.

Just hanging out for a little bit on his activity mat between visitors.

I've been trying to get pictures of everyone with him, but haven't quite yet. I did get one of Babs loving on Jackson though. Her grandson, "Baby Jay" (Jayson) was born less than a week after Jackson.

In addition to that office visit, Jackson's daycare was closed on Columbus Day for staff training so I brought him in again. I will say that I don't feel I got as much work done as a normal day, but again, it's good for everyone to have his smiling face there.

Hanging out in his bouncer. I really should take a picture of everything I've taken up with me. It's almost comical watching me carry it all up and down the elevator.

Even though she's really busy, Pat snuck in a quick bit of holding Jackson.

Bryan even volunteered to babysit...Might have to take him up on that one of these weekends!

Jackson tried to show Megan how much he likes her by spitting up, but luckily, he missed her and just got it on himself.

...Til next time, Keep Shuffling!

1 comment:

Mommy said...

Suzy, I bet you know this already - but you are SO BLESSED to be working with such great people that not only allow your baby to make an appearance up at the office, but that permit you to lug all his baby equipment up there (yes, I would love to see pics of that!) AND that enjoy watching him a bit so you can get some work done. Unfortunately, not many places/people go for that these days...