Thursday, July 9, 2009

What a catch!

We decided long before he arrived that (even if he had been a she) our baby would be coming home from the hospital in a Rangers onesie to support Daddy's favorite team during baseball season. It worked out that just before we left, the hospital photographers finally showed up to take Jackson's first professional pictures. I had managed to think ahead enough to have Joey grab his ball glove thinking it would make for an even better picture...and I think it's safe to say I was right. (Hey - I'm normally modest, but I think Joey & I produced quite a handsome little man!) This week I finally managed to get a soft copy of the picture (thanks to Dad for scanning and e-mailing it to me) to my Fox Sports rep, Bruce, who, at my request was able to have the guys of Rangers Live (the pregame show) send a shout out to us yesterday (7/8/09). Of course, it rained at our house (and maybe hailed from what I hear - I was actually visiting my coworkers and missed all of it) yesterday and when I got home, our power was out for a few hours. It finally came back on, but I was in the middle of feeding Jackson and didn't turn the TV back on right away. About 5 minutes after I finally turned it back on, Joey called (on his way home from a rare midweek golf outing with some coworkers) to say his friend Brad in Houston had seen Jackson on the game! At about the same time I got a message on my facebook from one of my other rep friends who had also seen it. Unfortunately, I missed it, but Bruce is getting us a copy so we can have a souvenir for our little Rangers fan (and for Joey too - he's been bragging about it to all his friends). Brad is also going to try to "rip" the footage to a shareable file from his DVR.
Here's the picture that was taken when he was just 3 days old and was Jackson's first TV appearance (Joey hopes that there are many more in the future as he's already dreaming of Jackson being on the PGA tour one day)!

...and a few other things - Every day it seems we're starting to see a little more of his personality come out. Yesterday I snapped a quick picture on my phone of Jackson smiling. The smiling might still be due at least in part to gas, but it's just so darn cute that I had to share. He's a happy baby though so I know there will be plenty more of these for everyone to see soon!

...and I'm a bad mom for leaving my camera at home when we went to dinner with Trent, Amanda, & Riley on Monday night, but I will get a picture of these 2 future playmates together sometime soon. Before that though, I was able to take a picture of "Uncle" Bowen holding Jack when he came to visit and introduce us to his girlfriend, Kathy. Buddy watched for a little bit, but as usual is content to just stare out the window.

...and now it's time to finish packing for our trip to Kansas. When we return Sunday, I'm sure there will be plenty of pictures of Jackson with Granny, Grandpa, Uncle Phil, Granny Great, Dean-O and more!

...Til next time, Keep Shuffling!

2 comments:

Meggers1021 said...

I missed the game too, but that is so neat!! Have fun on your trip!!

CorriR said...

What an adorable picture and how cool that Jackson is famous! I must get his autograph one of these days! :-)