Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Daddy's little man

OK - so far Jackson really is a mama's boy since we spend most of our time together, but I'm sure in time, he will be Daddy's little man too...He already wants to be like Daddy - and other than being a bit smaller, looks just like Joey here (complete with an outfit just like many that Joey wear - polo type shirt and khaki shorts - which thankfully weren't soiled in today's "sprinkler incident") AND hogging the remote:

Sidenote about the "sprinkler incident" - I was changing Jackson this morning after his morning nap (that I'm hoping he'll take while I shower/get ready on work days) and since I haven't been peed on lately, I let my guard down while trying to figure out what to dress him in today. You can all guess what happened - that's right - the sprinkler came on...while 2 drawers were open (as my OCD had taken over and I was doing some reorganizing while deciding what to dress him in - something I do in my own closet from time to time while trying to decide what to dress myself in)...Did I mention that as I was trying to clean up and toss all the clothes that were soiled in the incident to the hamper, I forgot to cover Jackson up or hurry up and get a diaper on him. Care to take a guess what happened AGAIN? Yes, that's right - more pee! I'm not sure how he mustered it all up, but I guess I don't have to worry about him being dehydrated! :) Reminder Lesson learned - no more hanging out naked on the changing table for Jackson! It was a good laugh and luckily I managed to avoid getting sprayed - but I am having to do an extra load of laundry!

Later that morning we headed downtown to have lunch with my friend Pam and Jackson was great in public as usual. I took a few pictures because he just looked so cute in his outfit (obviously I have a thing for guys dressed like him since what he's wearing is pretty much Joey's attire anytime he's not at work or required to be in something else) and then realized that in picture 1 it looks like he's doing "pounds" and then picture 2 it's like a few people I know do that open their hand because the "pounds" got "blown up"...Oh, and yes, his feet look huge from the angle, but I assure you they're still tiny and proportionate to the rest of his body. :)



...and last but not least, I was wanting to send a picture to the Dallas area K-State alumnae chair to announce his birth on the weekly e-mail. I went ahead and put him in one of the outfits that some of my fabulous ABC peeps gifted me with even though they're Baylor, Mizzou, and UT alums (shout out PJ, Nick, and Luke!) and put him on the blanket that Christina, got me/him. The outfits are for 6-9 months so they're obviously a bit big, but Jackson is growing and I can see that he WILL grow into them, hopefully in time for football season - or at least towards the end of it!

We have lots planned this week as it's our last full week together. :( I go back to work next Wednesday and while he might not stay full days Monday & Tuesday, Jackson will be starting daycare then so I can do a few more things around the house and I guess adjust to being away from him. We will be visiting Jackson's girlfriend Camryn and her mom Jamie on Thursday. Friday, we have a lunch date with some of my Fox peeps and then Saturday, Courtney will be in from Wichita Falls then we have a little birthday party for Joey's friend Collin.

...Til next time, Keep Shuffling!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love the pictures of Jack! He is getting so big. We are so excited to see you guys tomorrow.