Monday, July 6, 2009

More visiting

I know I should be sleeping...Jackson slept quite a bit on and off today and I was convinced it would take me forever to get him to sleep tonight, but all the excitement of his first Independence Day/holiday weekend must have tuckered him out! It's been well over an hour and he's still sleeping quite soundly in his crib (swaddling is an amazing helper for getting this child to sleep!) so much so that I had to go check on him just because I had that "new mom worry"...and again, while I should be asleep I've managed to get a few little things done around the house and figured I'd do one more before hitting the sheets. "Uncle" Bryan & "Aunt" Meagan came over tonight just to see Jackson and Buddy and grab some dinner (Sushi - Yum, how I've missed you!) with us and I've been making an effort to take pictures of Jackson with all visitors from now on. Nothing too exciting as he slept through the whole dinner so we had some great catch-up time with our dear friends (we are SOOOO looking forward to celebrating their wedding in a couple months!), but it's always great to see friends and watch everyone get a little snuggle time with Jack.

I even managed to put him in an outfit - complete with shoes! Being a "surprise" (gender-wise) baby means that we aren't overwhelmed with too many boy clothes yet (Joey seems to think I'm going crazy because I've picked a few up using gift cards lately, but I've been buying different ages for him to grow into - so :P )...Since it's warm, I don't feel like a horrible mom with him pretty much living in onesies and socks only during the day, but it's nice to see him in a full outfit once in a while...but all the shoes we have are so big that they almost look silly on him so far that we haven't really bothered (hey - I really only seem to wear flip flops lately so why should he have to wear shoes!). Today though he got to wear the shoes that match the (dinosaur) theme of his outfit...although the only picture I took was right before I took the shoes off to change him...

Hopefully he'll be able to wear the outfit another time or 2 at least before he grows out of it - although I'm fine with him growing, but it's funny how quickly they're supposed to grow into new sizes at such a young age - I have some clothes I've been wearing for years - and we all know Joey's favorite polo shirts - they've been around for decades it seems! :)

Then, of course, Meagan and Bryan oohed and ahhed over our handsome little man (I'm not sure why my camera is making some pictures blurry and some not...perhaps it's a good thing we bought Joey a digital camera and I should start taking advantage of it more when it's nearby!)

I can't remember if Joey and Bryan were telling Jackson stories or the other way around...


...but this is only the first of many pictures I'm sure will be taken where there are plenty of laughs between the boys...and maybe the singing of some more Beastie Boys songs!

What a natural - we can't WAIT for Meagan to open a daycare so we can see her every day!

We have another "date" tomorrow with the Viavattene's so hopefully we'll manage some pictures of "Aunt" Manda, "Uncle" Trent, and one of Jackson's future partners in "crime" - Riley!

...Til next time, Keep Shuffling!

1 comment:

Meggers1021 said...

It was so great seeing you guys!! We had a great time. I loved that sushi place.