Saturday, July 25, 2009

My first day of school and my many faces

OK, so it's not exactly school, but this week Jackson started daycare as it was time for me to head back to work. I actually dropped him off Monday and Tuesday to get some things done before my Wednesday return and managed to leave him there until 5pm so that Joey would actually get in the routine of picking him up as that . He was wonderful for the ladies there of course, however, they commented on his # of feedings, etc and I noticed Jackson's eating habits changing this week as well. It seems he's in a growth spurt evidenced even more today when he wanted to eat pretty much every 2 hours so we're adjusting and I'll probably have to add an extra pumping session at work this week to make sure we don't miss out on all that extra milk he's needing. He's been a bit fussy with the growth spurt, but has still been a pretty happy baby for which I'm very thankful.

We ventured to Keller today for our friend Lisa's baby shower, but Jackson was being a bit fussy and there were lots of other kiddos there so I held him the whole time and didn't snap any pictures, but I'm hoping to snap some tomorrow at Meagan's bridal shower.

Pictures of his first 3 days of daycare:
Day 1 - getting loaded up to go - always with the "fists of fury" up. In fact, Joey's mom sent me some pictures of Joey as a baby and there's a picture of Joey doing this too at his first Christmas. I can't wait to scan in these pictures of him as a baby and share them. I need to get some from my mom too so we can compare and see whose features he's developing...but for now...
Like father, Like Son!


We also took some pictures that night of Jackson and Joey to send to a vendor that sent Joey his Roger Staubach jersey



Day 2 - Getting loved on immediately after arriving at daycare

Day 3 - Self portrait with Mom as she got ready to head out for her first day back at work

...and I've been trying to capture a smile, but they're so quick and sporadic that I miss them and end up with a camera/phone full of funny faces that are worth sharing.
Surprised

Happy (almost smiling?!)

A little Cross eyed (I try to get him to stop crossing his eyes by clapping or something as soon as he starts, but he continues to do it)

Future kissy face?!

...and while I'm listing this last, it doesn't mean that Buddy has become any less important to us. We still love him and take pictures of him too, but obviously we are taking a lot more of Jackson. I snapped this one last night on my phone of Buddy - probably missing Daddy since Joey is out of town for a bachelor party.

...Til next time, Keep Shuffling!

No comments: