Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Trip to Mississippi

Halloween weekend for us meant a trip to Vicksburg Mississippi for a Malik family reunion (Joey's dad's mom's family). We were the last to arrive and I didn't even realize just how big of a reunion it was to be - I was really expecting just about a dozen people! :) There are some pictures that other people took, but here are some highlights from my camera.

Friday made for a bit of a dreary drive, but Saturday was a beautiful day so we made sure to take Jackson to the Vicksburg Battlefield - Joey says there are pictures of him sitting on canons when he was little so we obliged with the same pose for Jackson.


Here are the boys in front of the Illinois monument - where there are several Shoup's listed


Inside the Illinois monument:


Other than that, I did a horrible job of making sure we got pictures, but since it was Halloween, at least we got some of Jackson in his costume!

Our little "Jackson-o-lantern"



One of my goals is to do better about taking pictures even though Joey sometimes makes me feel like "crazy picture lady". :) I take some snapshots almost every day on my phone, but haven't done as well with actually using the camera so that's an area that needs improvement, especially if I ever hope to own a nicer camera. I do have a tripod already which I used for many of my pregnancy pictures since by the time I was ready for work Joey had already left for work and at the end of the work day I wasn't usually feeling much like being photographed. :)

...Til next time, Keep Shuffling!

1 comment:

Meggers1021 said...

What a cute pumpkin!! He looks precious