Monday, February 16, 2009

Emerald & Savannah

No, these aren't potential names for our baby on the way! :) Emerald is now Joey's former car :( and Savannah is my new car. :) Yes, I do get the better end of the deal, folks, but then again, my daily round-trip commute to work is less than 1/3 of what Joey's is so it's really the more practical answer. He gets to take over with Ruby (formerly my car) and I get our brand new ride (to us at least - because Savannah is actually an '05 so she's got a few miles on her). We signed all the paperwork on Saturday and today, Joey drove Emerald for the last time on his way to pick Savannah up. I had Ruby cleaned bumper to bumper (waxing, carpet-shampoo, detailing, etc) for Joey so hopefully he will feel somewhat like he got a new car too, but I just thought I would take a moment and reflect on Emerald - who was a great car while he had her (2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue). She definitely had some better features than Ruby, but she also has about 65k more miles so it was time for her to "retire".

We were going to take pictures yesterday afternoon, but just did not quite get around to it so I snapped 1 of her in the garage this morning before heading to work. We'll miss you Emerald! :)


...and Welcome, Savannah! (She's an 05 Lexus RX330 and her name comes from the color - which is technically Savannah Metallic) The picture is dark because I took it after I got home tonight, but I'll take another maybe this weekend when it's more light.

2 comments:

CorriR said...

Congrats! I'm so jealous on the car! We hope to get a new one at the end of the year. How are you feeling?

Unknown said...

I am so jealous of the car. I have already told Jeremy that my only wish is to have a Lexus one day. It is beautiful. Congrats!