Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Car-shopping, Baby-registering, and hiccups, Oh my

We were quite busy this weekend and boy did I pay for it yesterday. I started feeling a little icky on Friday as the weather started to warm up (and I think I've figured out the south wind brings out the worst of my on-again, off-again allergies), but powered through the weekend.

We kicked it off celebrating Bryan and Meagan's engagement Friday night with a great time at Rick & Brooke's house. We all had a great time (although I'm now sad that I didn't even bother to get my camera out - Please share, Meagan!) and Joey defintely had a great time and didn't want to leave after midnight. Gant & Courtney came in from Wichita Falls & stayed with us so a stop at Whataburger on the way home was necessary.

Saturday started out calm with the guys fetching donuts before Gant & Courtney headed back to the Falls. After that Joey & I decided to venture out to do some car shopping. We were really just planning to hit CarMax to try out a bit of everything, but ended up hitting the nearby Chevy Dealership afterwards spending way more time (and way more of my tissues as my nose continued to run non-stop) as they tried to get us in a car. We're planning to get something sometime before baby gets here - hopefully within the next month or so, but aren't in a rush, although Joey definitely was ready to sign on the dotted line for a brand new car - above the budget we were hoping for. We've asked a few friends with car connections for advice, etc so we'll be looking again this Saturday and hoping we find something just right.

Sunday, the Colvert clan (Jeremy, Jamie, and Connor) helped us out spending several hours at Babies R Us helping us figure out what to register for, etc (only after the obligatory lunch at Hooters - I promised Joey as I knew he was a bit hesitant about all the baby shopping). We might not need exactly the same things, but it was great to get advice from some seasoned pros! Now that we know their new addition will be a little girl, it's time to get even more excited for them too as Baby Shoup will be very close in age to her - even though we aren't finding out what Baby S will be - it's still so exciting to find out for everyone else!

I did have an interesting tummy feeling this weekend and I tried to get Joey to feel it too, but apparently he's still not quite able to feel things on the outside that I'm feeling on the inside. It seems Baby S had the hiccups. I know the feeling all too well and figured that must be it. I've been feeling him/her quite a bit every day and it always makes me stop and smile - I'll be even more excited when Joey and/or Buddy can see/feel the movement.

Hope you're all having a beautiful start to the week!

No comments: