Friday, December 4, 2009

An object in motion

I had only purchased 1 specific Thanksgiving outfit for Jackson, but I'm convinced that he didn't like it...No, he didn't fuss when I put it on him - it just happened that every time I put him in it, he'd manage to have a blowout diaper (which doesn't happen all that often, although now that we've started more solid foods I'm thinking it could). He wore it to daycare once before Thanksgiving and had a blowout in it, which I dismissed as an isolated incident and wasn't too worried about since I knew I could wash it and put him in it again for Turkey day. Thanksgiving came and I never managed to get a picture before a diaper/wardrobe change was needed in the morning! I decided a staged photo shoot would be necessary and luckily even though Jackson is wearing mostly 6 month+ outfits, this 3-6month one runs big so there's still time. This morning I decided to try it before dropping him off at daycare, but he just did not want to cooperate for a posed picture, however, the result is almost as good, if not better! Most of the time I want to pose him in the chair, he'll be chill and oblige with smiles or at least sit still, but this morning he was just way too excited (must have been working on the diaper blowout that occurred sometime between the time I loaded him in the carset and the time I dropped him at daycare probably only about 15 minutes later)

Below is the result...You can't really tell even tell that it's a Thanksgiving outfit (It says, "Thankful for Mommy and Daddy" and has a picture of a turkey on it), but again, the resulting sequence of pictures is so much better than that.

"No, mom, I think I'd rather eat my hand than smile right now"

"Ha Ha! You can't catch me!"

"Hmmm. What shall I do next?"

"I know. I'll laugh at mom trying to take my picture!"


"She managed to get my upright again..."

*Insert evil laugh here!*

"Can I get these shoe/socks off?!"

"No, but I sure can move around and make it hard for her to catch a good picture"

"I'll just be a big blur. Ha Ha!"

"I'm magic!"

"...and now I'm not even sitting up anymore - she'll have to watch me to make sure I don't roll off the chair!"

"Is she going to start trying to make me stand now? I'll teach her!"

...Til next time, Keep Shuffling!

2 comments:

The Cookie Lady said...

OMG...I laughed so hard...well, let's just say I laughed A LOT!

Mommy said...

lol awesome