Monday, April 6, 2009

Home Updates

Thanks to a last minute reschedule of the Childbirth class Joey & I were supposed to have on Saturday, we were able to get a lot more done around the house than we expected. I started out re-alphabetizing and organizing all of our CD's (which required a Sunday trip to Ikea for more storage boxes) which Joey thought was a crazy task until it was all done and he now knows where all his CD's are, and which ones he only has a case or the CD for. While I was starting that, he got caught up in an HGTV show and while I had mentioned it quite some time ago, he finally realized just how easy it would be to add hardware to all of our kitchen cabinets so off to Home Depot he went. The result looks great and while there is 1 drawer left to do (the screws that came with the drawer pulls weren't long enough so I had to swing by and pick up some longer ones, but unfortunately 2 didn't break off the way they needed to), we're so pleased:


In addition, before our trip to Miami I had met my uber-creative friend, Lisa, during a lunch break to pick up the art she painted for Baby Shoup's room. I still need to adjust where the nails are on the wall (I just plunked the 4 pieces up on the wall where there previously hang 4 flower pictures so they're kind of crooked now as well), but the wall above the crib now has some additional color. Thanks so much, Lisa for the beautiful colorful hearts! I guess while I had said there isn't a real theme to the nursery, LOVE is a very suitable theme!

2 comments:

Meggers1021 said...

Looks great!

Mommy said...

Hey - I LOVE those paintings!! ;) Whoever made those for you is *very* talented. And smart too. j/k

I can't wait to see 'em closer together, though. I'll blog aboutcha on the AD blog after you get it set up. :) ~Lisa