Monday, March 16, 2009

3rd trimester=Sleepy Suzy

I'm a bit behind on updating as the 3rd trimester has been an exhausting one so far, but I wanted to post a few things on here real quick and hope to catch up more later this week or next weekend...


Joey & I had a great trip to Kansas last weekend and I really enjoyed the shower my Aunts Joyce & Dee threw for me. Baby Shoup is already so loved although there was definitely some heated debate about whether "it" is a he or she. I guess only time (and about 11 more weeks) will tell! I'll post more pictures later, but here are just 2: 1 of the hostesses with the mostest...


...and another of Me, "Buzz", Shandi, Deedra, and with Grandma Lou - apparently the wrinkling of the nose MUST be from the Liby side since Shandi and I are both doing it here!



Next is a picture of the recliner we purchased for the nursery. It looks great draped in the star-shaped afghan that Sue Affolter (one of my mom's cousins) made so I'm not sure if Baby Shoup or I will spend more time wrapped in the blanket! :) You can also see the completed pillow that goes with the bedding mom is working quickly to finish! Plus Joey's baby pillow is in the chair as well.

Now we're just awaiting the arrival of the dresser to start getting a little more organized, but we picked up the mattress for the crib this weekend too so progress is being made and I'm sleeping better at night not worrying about baby not having a place to sleep (we have a mattress cover and I "bought" (with a gift card!) some plain white crib sheets so we have the basics! I think I've also had a revelation about the wall art thanks to ever-so-crafty, Lisa, but I'll wait until the pieces are finished to post! :)

This last picture is a bit old, but it's me at 26 weeks (3 weeks ago now!) Yes, it's the point (especially in certain items of clothing) that you can tell I'm pregnant and not just fat. :) I probably won't get pictures from this week (I have this thing about odd numbers) but next week is 30 weeks and our trip to Miami for Sheri's wedding so hopefully I'll be looking fabulous and will have some pictures to post of more belly.



I'll need to update more on the progress (or lack thereof) on our converted garage. What we had hoped to do isn't going to happen due to this weekend's discovery, but we're working towards a quick solution so that I'll not just consider the room a "junk room" anymore, but hopefully it will resemble more of a dining room (although maybe not with a table quite yet) soon!

More to come later!

No comments: