Sunday, March 22, 2009

The best kind of tired

Joey & I are feeling the best kind of tired today - the kind of tired you get after being extremely productive, which we were all weekend.

Friday we relaxed and enjoyed dinner with friends at Tony's (Happy Birthday to Ryan, Sara, and Russ who are also celebrating March birthdays along with Joey!), but we wrapped up right around 10 and were home and asleep before midnight.

Saturday, we did some major cleaning/purging with Joey taking a very large dropoff of miscellaneous items to Goodwill after we consolidated quite a few Rubbermaids/boxes down and did some slight reorganizing around the house (mostly stemming from us needing to move all our stuff out of the future baby's room since he or she will need all that room for their stuff)! I also managed to finally get 1 of our Ipods fixed by the "Genius Bar" at the Apple store. (Unfortunately the battery of one I bought Joey as a wedding gift has given out and right now we've opted not to replace the whole Ipod since we have the Nano Joey was given by his work after they hit a specific goal a year or so ago and the video one I was given by a station 2 or 2 years ago.

We were exhausted, but Christina was able to pick up the dresser she ordered for us from JCP late Saturday so she dropped it off (she knew just how much I've been dying to get it and put it together!) and while I'd have loved to put it together right away, 11pm is a little late to start that kind of project...but don't think I didn't wake up wanting to get right to it today! We did a few more little things first and I started on sorting everything out while Joey watched a movie and did a few other little projects before we really got it going. We work really well as a team though with a great assembly line and I think this is the first time we've put something together and not had to take anything apart after using a wrong screw or having a piece facing the wrong direction so that's a bonus...So at long last, Baby Shoup has a place for his/her stuff (aside from all the great built-in's)! Tah-dah! Here it is:



It already has a few things in the drawers, but I have a feeling it will be full before we know it! We do actually plan to switch out the knobs it came with and put something with a little more character, but we haven't found anything we love just yet so stay tuned for that.

More updates to come this week I'm sure as my 30 week dr appointment is tomorrow and then later this week, we're off to Miami for Sheri and Mike's wedding, but for now, it's time to call it a night and a weekend!

3 comments:

Meggers1021 said...

I love the dresser! Super cute. I bet hobby lobby has great knobs.Let me know about the shower so we can fill those drawers up!

They Faithbook Alternative said...

I love the dresser. And I can just see baby Shoup at 20 months old opening that little door and climbing inside. And I expect a picture of that !!! I have a picture of me sleeping in a cabinet. (story for another time!)

Stephanie said...

Hi Suzy -
Send me your email address and I will send you the 3 day potty training - I don't do everything it says, but most of it and I can tell you I have never bought nor used one pull up. yipee!
stephanie