Tuesday, June 30, 2009

1 month, already?

As fast as this year has gone, it really should be no surprise that the past month has flown too, but it is still hard to believe Jackson is already a month (and a few days) old! I feel like a bit of a slacker since Jamie now has 2 kiddos and is already posting more than me so I figured I'd take advantage of my new routine (trying to get up and stay up when Joey leaves for work each morning) and do a quick post this morning.

First, I don't believe I ever shared the link to the Caring Bridge site I have set up for Dad, but here it is:
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/lynnhabluetzel
You do have to create a log in to view the updates, but you can sign up for notifications that way so it's hopefully more harm than good for those of you that are interested.

Next, of course is a Jackson update. He had his 1 month checkup last Friday. I actually had my 1 month post-partum as well and I'm back to "normal" so that's good, but enough about me. :) Our little guy is still little, but he's healthy so what more can we ask for (some babies are just smaller and if the doctor isn't worried, neither are we). For those of you that are curious though, Jackson is now weighing 7 lbs, 7 oz, which keeps him in the 5th percentile. As long as he maintains or grows steadily into a higher %, I'm happy and from what I've read, in the early months, babies should gain about an oz a day and since he gained more than that on avg from his 2 week to 1 month, there's no concern. That means he should be about 9 lbs by his 2 month appointment (which happens to fall on my birthday - 7/27) so we'll just wait and see. As far as length, he's in the 25th percentile at 21 inches long currently. He's also holding his head up a little more every day and we've enjoyed some good tummy time on the mat although I keep forgetting to snap a picture so hopefully that will happen this week.

Enough about all that though and on to more fun things - pictures. Aunt Sheri came to visit for a few days last week and of course is as smitten with Jackson as we are. We also ventured to Fort Worth while Daddy was in San Antonio for "Aunt" Kim's baby shower. Of course there are a few random other picutres from day to day stuff too.

Meeting Aunt Sheri!


I don't hate bath time quite as much anymore (although I still don't like it that much either!)


Getting ready to get a new diaper!


Most of the time I'd rather be held than in my rocker/bouncer


I already talk with my hands a lot!


I was exicted to see "Aunt" Kim again at her baby shower. I was her birthday present too - we're both May 27th birthdays! I can't wait to meet my pal, Ben when he arrives in September!


Buddy still doesn't like to hang out by me for long, but I will make him my friend!



Because Grandpa Lynn still isn't feeling that great, it sounds like I'll be making my first long-distance (excluding the one I already took to Fort Worth) :) road trip to Kansas the weekend of the 10th. Stay tuned for plenty of pictures from that although hopefully you'll see more before then as it's my first 4th of July coming up this weekend!

...Til next time, Keep Shuffling!

3 comments:

Meggers1021 said...

He looks great Suzy! So cute!!

The Cookie Lady said...

He'll just keep getting more and more handsome. I absolutely LOVE the picture of Buddy and Jackson. That one is so precious!!

Mommy said...

Woah! One month?! Where has the time gone?? I still need to come meet the little fella. He looks like a little man!! So cute! :) I dig the pic of him with Buddy, too. Precious.