Friday, December 18, 2009

Michigan J Frog

Well, it's finally happening - I hadn't been wishing for Jackson to speed up and do each "next thing" because I really do want to cherish every moment and every stage - but I am a little excited that he is now slowly getting the hang of rolling. While I look forward to what's to come, the passing of each phase does make me a little sad and it's been nice to not have to worry too much if I step a few feet away from the changing table or our bed to grab something when he's laying there. I do have to say I'm glad he's not too lazy and has decided it's time to get some working out in with the rolling. :) I have yet to actually witness it, but I know it's happened. Most of the last few days I have gone to get him in the morning and found him awake and scooting around on his stomach, rather than on his back the way we put him to bed. I asked and the ladies at daycare have said that he still isn't rolling there either...so for now I refer to him as Michigan J Frog (think to those old WB cartoons with the frog that sings/danced "Hello my Baby! Hello my Darlin'! Hello my Ragtime Gal!", but as soon as the guy turns around, the frog is just sitting there) because it's not been witnessed yet though I imagine by the time 2010 rolls around, we'll have some video to post.

He's laughing more too and it makes me laugh and continues to warm my heart in ways I continue to be in awe of. No pictures tonight, but I'm sure there will be more soon with his first Christmas approaching!

...Til next time, Keep Shuffling!

No comments: